Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Original Black Sabbath Line-up Finally Back and Making a New Album!!!

OH FUCK YEAH! C'MON THE LADS!

The top of my live band bucket-list over the past few years has been populated by Down, Baroness, Mastodon, Wino (any of the man's many bands), but always on top were the original Black Sabbath. Down has had the pleasure of my presence twice now, Mastodon I picked off in 2009, Wino I was awestruck by with Shrinebuilder during a snowy winter last year, Baroness have alluded me so far, now it looks like we will finally get the chance to see Sabbath again! Not only this, they have begun recording material for a new album next year!

Today it was announced that the band (that I have tattooed on my chest) are back in the studio as of June and working on a new full lenght album. Tony Iommi told the newspaper Birmingham Mail:

"We're really looking forward to it and I think the stuff 
we've been writing is really good.
It's more back to the old original stuff."

The last time the band played as a unit was a once off for their induction into the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2006.


Previous to this, the band have not released any new recorded material since two new tracks were included on the 1998 live album Reunion.


It's difficult to judge what the line-up will be like after so long but this die-hard Sabbath head is staying optimistic.

DOOM and PEACE...and a lot of Sabbath!


Edward Gerard Brophy


No comments:

Post a Comment